A dynamic and rapidly expanding organisation who is responsible for developing high quality software products for an impressive global portfolio of clients.
They have ambitious growth plans for the next 12 months and this position offers excellent scope for career progression and to get involved with a broad range of desirable technologies.
£40,000 - £50,000
27 days holiday increasing annually and capped at 30 days plus bank holidays.
Match up to 5% company pension contribution
Retail, leisure, holiday, restaurants, health and wellbeing discounts
Bike to work scheme
WPA - NHS Top up cash plan
North Bristol (can be mainly remote if required)
The DevOps Engineer role reports to the Head of Infrastructure, working as part of a small team providing and maintaining the development tools (CI/CD tool chain), providing DevOps excellence and best practice advice to the wider business and development teams, and delivering business initiatives in this space.
Role and Responsibilities
Working as part of a team to evaluate, plan, integrate, and manage technical solutions in Cloud (AWS and On-Prem). Strong experience is required in deploying and managing environments, a background in automation, with expertise in the following:
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Understanding of open-source technologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of individuals.
- Eligible for SC Clearance.
Essential Technical Skills
- Python programming
- Scripting in YAML, JSON, Bash and PowerShell
- Linux server administration.
- Experience with Cloud technologies and infrastructure (AWS preferred).
- Experience of working with a config management tool, preferably Ansible.
- Experience of working with virtualisation technologies (VMware preferred).
- CI/CD Pipeline Deployments (Jenkins)
- Experience of monitoring systems.
- Source control management (GIT preferred)
- Experience deploying and configuring web applications in multiple running environments (Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat preferred)
- Experience of Docker, Kubernetes and Amazon EKS
- Understanding of Networking including Hybrid Cloud
- Experience deploying and maintaining infrastructure-as-code in a production environment
- Microsoft AppCenter
- Database administration (MySQL preferred)
- Java programming
- Testing of Infrastructure as Code
"Southern Lights Ltd act as an employment agency for the purposes of this advert"
For more information on the company and a detailed job specification please apply now.
Southern Lights - decidedly different recruitment - 0117 9733 281