I am working with a fantastic innovation company who are at the forefront of building futuristic technology to revolutionise their global sector,
They are at the next stage of huge investment and scaling-up their information technology cloud/automation infrastructure, it's a great time to join and be part of something special, you will be working with all the cutting-edge of modern tech (no legacy systems here!).
They are looking for an outstanding Head of Technical Solutions who combines superb technical knowledge and experience specifically in the Cloud and ITIL space.
They are also looking for an individual with demonstrable ability to get the right things done quickly and effectively. This role is to develop the technology delivery and management function. The role is full-time and will require the successful candidate to be a self-starter and motivated to do something special, disruptive and exciting.
You will be in charge of defining and delivering their Technology Services and Operating team. This work is full of variety, fast paced and requires the ability to think on one's feet. It requires somebody who enjoys "spinning many plates" and prides themselves on delivering an excellent service with meticulous attention to detail.
The work will include:
- Develop and implement a culture of continuous improvement
- Ensure the IT service operations delivered is seamless, secure and caters to a multi-site environment.
- Our sites include offices, production, manufacture and service support.
- Ensure our IT technology and services are future-proofed to maximise the potential of highly connected operations and products.
- Lead and manage all the technology service contracts including supplier reviews to ensure that you deliver effective IT support across the business, underpinned by appropriate service level agreements and performance tracking; escalating where necessary.
- Lead and manage all IT procurement, including software, hardware, cloud services and third party software.
- Embed the ITIL model in the management of the technology services.
- Design and deliver common standards for technology eg PCs and Peripherals, Supplier management etc.
- Work in close proximity to the users and with the Head of IT Security to manage security of the IT ops the most appropriate way.
- Able to work with a small but essential in-house set up.
- Able to manage and deliver both voice and data services.
- Understand how our cloud SaaS services work and put in place a service management plan with their SaaS providers.
- Be able to communicate clearly and with gravitas with users across the organisation.
- Chair CAB and have the ability to challenge appropriately.
- Manage an in-house team performing 1st line support and an outsourced 2nd line function.
You will have:
- Strong fundamental knowledge of IT systems, Cloud Services, IT vendor management VoIP and ITIL.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced and dynamic engineering business
- Good knowledge of current and developing cloud-based IT infrastructure and management and SaaS platforms.
- Significant understanding of innovative IT technology and systems and solutions to support cloud services, big data analytics and critical engineering software and systems such as CAD, PLM, ERP, engineering analysis suites, Jenkins and Atlassian.
- Be able to challenge IT technical teams and drive them to resolve issues
- Broad knowledge of disruptive technologies, how these can be applied to streamline operations and enable new service offerings and business models as we move to Industry 4.0
- Fundamental knowledge of IT security.
- Comfortable with both Windows and Linux systems
- Excellent time management skills.
- A laser focus on provision of an excellent quality and experience in IT for all of the business.
- Appreciation of working with engineers who are building business-critical software.
- Good time and meeting management skills.
- Experience in working with people and bringing them on side.
- Ability to roll sleeves up and "getting stuck in".
- Good communication skills and a proactive approach to problem solving
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity, able to challenge the status quo and balance near and long term needs
- Experience in communicating with management, as well as technical and business teams in the area of Information Security.
"Southern Lights Ltd act as an employment agency for the purposes of this advert"
For more information on the company and a detailed job specification please apply now.
Southern Lights - decidedly different recruitment - 0117 9733 281