What you will be doing...
- Coach, motivate and organise the Service Desk employees, maintaining a productive and prosperous working environment
- Play a pivotal and active part in the 'on-boarding' of new services and workstreams ensuring a seamless integration into the ITS service desk environment
- Promote and drive the use of ITIL best practices across the Service Desk Team to ensure the delivery of a best practice service desk function
- Manage the Service Desk Team to ensure performance is maximised to meet / exceed KPI's, including coaching and mentoring the development of the Service Desk and delivery of company standards / processes
- Perform monthly service desk service reviews with key customer stakeholders, production of service performance reporting and presenting these to the wider audience
- Own and drive the continual service improvement plan covering quality initiatives, polices and processes, and ensure the customers need and requirements are anticipated, met and exceeded
- Report to senior managers and appropriate stakeholders on any issue that could significantly impact a client's business
- Take overall responsibility for incident management and ticket quality on the Service Desk
- Represent the Service Desk at all relevant meetings and applying valuable input and innovative ideas to promote the involvement of the service desk as a valuable support function
You will ideally have...
- ITIL v3 Foundation qualified with a proven track record of managing a Service Desk (In and out of Hours)
- Strong IT Technical knowledge, including ServiceNow
- Service acceptance and transition experience preferred but not essential
- Excellent people management skills - ability to develop, coach & motivate - this role will be more about leadership than technical resolution of tickets
- Strong customer stakeholder management skills
- Good time management, organisational & delegation skills with the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to communicate with all levels in the organisation - both written and verbal
- Advanced customer handling skills to support the process for maintaining customer relations
- Good presentation skills for undertaking presentations to internal customers and the senior management team
- Good analytical skills and an ability to define the precise nature of customer requirements, this will include meetings with various levels of management seniority
In return for your commitment, you can expect
This is an exceptional place to work. A place where there is strong emphasis on career development for the right individuals. This is also a role where you can excel within a fast-paced environment and succeed within a great organisation. Are you the right candidate for this key position? If so, we welcome your application.