IT Support Technician
Home / Bristol / Field
£30,000 - £36,000 + benefits
An established Managed Service Provider based in Bristol are looking for an enthusiastic / motivated individual to join their friendly team. You must work well in a team, show initiative and be able to work independently.
Your place of work will be a mix of home, office & field with site visits to customers (mainly Bristol).
Your main duties will be to take ownership of support calls as and when required and take ownership of an issue up to the point of resolution.
Training will be given on the platform / software that they use, however you will need to keep up to date with the latest technologies / platforms.
They also require the candidate to make the right decisions on behalf of our customers, willing to go the extra mile in helping to solve client issues. Must have strong communication skills both written / verbally. An ability to work under pressure.
Technical skills required:
- Microsoft Windows desktop OS - installation / troubleshooting skills
- Microsoft Office all recent versions including 365
- AD, Microsoft Teams deployment / troubleshooting
- Microsoft windows server 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019
- Microsoft exchange server 2007 - 2019 office 365 / Exchange hybrid deployment
- Networking skills (TCP/IP.L2&L3, VOIP,VLAN, Spanning tree, routing etc) - installation / troubleshooting network issues
- Knowledge of WAN technologies - xDSL,FFTC,FFTP,4 &5G / leased lines / routers etc - installation / troubleshooting
- Knowledge of controller based wireless technologies / troubleshooting
- Knowledge of server hardware troubleshooting
- Knowledge of virtualisation technology with good experience of VM software vSphere & Hyper - V clustering
- Knowledge of backup software
- Sharepoint admin
- Intune / autopilot
- MS teams voice
- Previous MSP experience useful