Systems & IT Support Engineer
North Bristol (Monday & Friday are work from home days)
Travel l to customers will also be required during installations, expenses will be paid and car provided
£40,000 - £45,000
Car, Bonus, Pension, Health Plan, Life Assurance etc
Our client has been in operation since 1996. They specialise in the provision of computerised and manual tracking, traceability and quality audit trail systems to the NHS and private health sector. They also supplies a range of consumables to the Health Service. They currently support more than 200 hospitals and decontamination units across the UK and Ireland for their computerised traceability software.
Overall Purpose of Job:
- Project manage, install, commission, validate and provide upgrades of computer systems for new and existing customers.
- Technical IT support for current and potential computer system customers.
- Provide helpdesk support for bespoke software solutions.
- Contribute to the overall success of the business in line with agreed company targets and objectives.
- Project manage, install, commission, validate and provide upgrades of computer systems and hardware solutions for new and existing customers.
- Review, update and resolve outstanding tickets logged directly with our helpdesk.
- Provide helpdesk support and assist with subsequent call management.
- Provide first and second line technical support.
- Liaise with 3rd party support organisations to resolve tickets if they cannot be resolved internally.
- Manage client communications through different support methods (telephone, email, Zendesk and remote access tools).
- Generate and maintain software system helpfiles.
- Conduct site surveys establishing the customers system and IT infrastructure requirements.
- Execute SQL scripts provided by the developers on the customers databases.
- Support internal IT infrastructure.
Desirable Experience & Attributes (not all essential)
- Project Management experience
- Formal IT qualification (HNC, HND, Degree or IT qualification equivalent).
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in an IT technical based role.
- Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019 knowledge and experience.
- Windows XP, 7 and 10 Desktop operating systems knowledge and experience.
- MS SQL Databases and IIS technologies knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge of Ms Office 365 Administration including Sharepoint, Teams and OneDrive.
- Experience of Microsoft Azure cloud services.
- Helpdesk experience (Zendesk preferred).
- Experience using Remote Support applications (Gotoassist, Teamviewer, Teams or equivalent).
- Experience offering Hardware/Software support including mobile devices.
- Knowledge of Windows networking architecture and setup.
- Experience of Active Directory.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Able to organise and prioritise their workload to achieve objectives.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Prepared to travel and stay away from home when required.
- Must hold a current driving licence.