Job Role: QA Test Analyst
Contract Type: Full Time Employee, 37.5 hours per week
Contract Term: Permanent
Salary Range: £28,000 to £35,000 per annum
As a QA Test Analyst, you will be working closely with development teams to thoroughly test and improve the application and release process. If you looking for a new challenge and want to learn how high-quality, digital software platforms are built using agile software techniques, and have an interest in software quality, testing and documenting test plans and test cases, then this role could be ideal for you.
The Government's 2020 Apprenticeship Strategy will drive unprecedented change in the sector and will see record levels of funding and business interest. We provide a market-leading solution that helps business maximise these new opportunities. Our vision is to provide a service that has strong appeal globally and across all parts of the workplace education and training marketplace.
Our software is a powerful and intuitive apprenticeship management platform designed to simplify the delivery of apprenticeships and bring the many processes together within a single system. We seamlessly combine application management, programme creation, learning delivery, workforce and learner reporting, funding management and more.
Located at the top of Park Street by Clifton Triangle, we have wonderful shops, cafes, bars and restaurants on its doorstep. We are part of an exciting office space regeneration project alongside a new business incubator, Origin Workspace, with a private gym on our ground floor and a roof-top terrace providing stunning panorama views over Bristol. We believe in a healthy work-life balance, with a positive and inclusive learning culture based on our values of integrity, trust and commitment. You will be surrounded by innovators and original thinkers, able to thrive and do the best work of your careers, with regular, fun social activities.
This is the perfect time to join a growing, well-funded business with ambitious plans, led by Founders with an impressive track record in the sector.
We judge each person on their own individual merits and while technical aptitude is essential, this has to be combined with a positive can-do attitude, pride in delivering to our promises, excellent communication skills and a desire for self-improvement. We want you to come with passion, creativity, expertise, openness, flexibility and drive.
- Owning and improving the quality of the product by testing thoroughly
- Working closely with the development and product teams to estimate, prioritise, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Writing test plans, creating test cases/requirements, setup test runs, manage cases and execute manual tests
- Working with junior developers in test to increase the effectiveness of automation testing coverage across the organisation
- Understanding how the automation testing framework selected for works and not afraid to get involved in writing, editing and coding automation tests as required - However this is a nice to have.
- Participate in all team sprint ceremonies and also ensure the testing for the sprint is completed
- Communicating bugs early and effectively, managing issues until they are resolved
- Ensuring all tests are executed as required and results and statistics are clearly communicated in line with Agile's principles of transparency
As a QA Test analyst, a strong interest and aptitude in software testing principles, particularly with methodical and analytical skills, is essential.
This role will enable you to develop your skills and capabilities in the following areas:
- Imaginative and effective approaches to testing the 'un-testable'
- Exemplary communication, listening and negotiating skills
- Good all round team player and not afraid of getting stuck in to do a mix of manual and automated testing
- Good understanding of API technologies like RESTful, SOAPUI and using tools such as Postman/Fiddler to test
- Experience of supporting, modifying and maintaining systems and code developed by teams other than your own
- Experience of working with code repositories (e.g. Git, SVN), bug tracking tools (e.g. Azure DevOps) and Wikis (e.g. Sharepoint)