Are you a Cisco expert that is hungry for a role where your knowledge will be heavily rewarded with new, varied and exciting projects?
We are recruiting for an experienced Network Engineer to join our client based in Wiltshire. The ideal candidate will be joining an internationally recognised name providing support and project work on new and existing infrastructures.
This is an exciting position that has opened and is a real opportunity for enhancing skills, knowledge and experience coupled with international travel.
You will specifically be:
- Working as part of the Network team and in the on-call rotation to provide 24x7 network support for the business.
- Working as part of the International Infrastructure team to provide support
- Provide cross-functional skills between non-network engineering teams
- Ownership, diagnosis and resolution of network faults
- Responding to support tickets and providing excellent customer support
- Be able to produce a low-level design from high-level design and business requirements
- Working from high & low-level designs to implement network and security solutions
- Technical leadership of network project work, ownership and accountability.
- Monitoring of network usage and plan upgrades and improvements
- Implementing network security process, policies and recommendations.
- Control implementation of all network services and changes
- Develop documentation including network diagrams, design, test documentation, procedures and guides.
- 3 Years Industry experience with relevant (CCNA/CCNP) qualification or equivalent experience
- Ability to research solutions to fit business needs.
- High and Low level network design.
- Project delivery working within a project team, to design and implement WAN and
- Data Centre architecture.
- Experience supporting large scale networks - understanding of MPLS
- Working and troubleshooting knowledge of Cisco Routers, Switches, Wireless and
- Experience and excellent understanding of TCP/IP, VLANs, Routing protocols,
- Quality of Service, DNS, VOIP and VPN.
- Ability to Travel (10% up to 20% may be required)
Essential Personality Traits
- Problem-solving & analytical skills
- Logical and methodical approach
- Flexible attitude
- Able to work on your own or as part of a team.
- Willingness to travel-cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Can establish priorities
- Ability to manage time, meet deadlines and work within a budget.
- Ability to drive projects forward remotely - smoothly and efficiently.
- Able to stay positive during difficult conversations.
- Can-do attitude
- Able to communicate issues with procedures with business users and team leaders