We are on the lookout for a confident, approachable and organised individual to join our client, who provides bespoke software solutions to global brand names and companies.
This is a role that is suitable for an individual who has 1-2 year's project support experience within agile working environments, preferably within a .NET function and is looking to join a growing and successful firm just off the M5 to help deliver business-critical software solutions for high profile and illustrious clients.
If you are a bright, motivated and confident candidate with a desire to find a suitable project management role and build a successful career alongside a successful and growing business - then do read on and apply today.
Experience and Attributes
- One or more years of project management or project support experience, preferably using Agile methodologies. Ideally, this will have been gained in a software development function using Microsoft .Net and SQL Server technologies.
- Experience in the use of Team Foundation Server and Visual Studio a distinct benefit.
- Management of multiple projects and work packages at any time from inception through to delivery.
- Experience in the identification, management and mitigation of project risks, issues and dependencies through to resolution.
- Experience in liaising with and reporting to customers and internal stakeholders.
- Change Management experience.
- Some exposure to overseas customers and projects would be a bonus.
- Ideally, some experience as a software developer or tester.
- Confident and approachable, able to engage effectively with customers and colleagues.
- Communicative - willing and able to maintain open and effective dialogue with customers and colleagues.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Good organisational ability, able to plan and execute a series of tasks reliably to a consistent standard.
- Flexible, adaptable, sociable, resilient.
- Numerate, able to maintain accurate project budget records.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- An excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Fluency in any foreign language a bonus but not a prerequisite.
- Work with aworldwide customer base, and with internal stakeholders and development teams to plan and deliver all assigned work packages to scope, at high quality and on time.
- Utilise Agile and Scrum project management methods
- Plan and manage software development and release activities
- Create and maintain accurate and up-to-date project documentation for each work package
- Under the Change Control process, ensure that changes to work packages are accurately scoped, costed, assessed and approved before committing them to development or production.
- Ensure that issues and risks are tracked and assessed, escalated early, and that mitigation is in place to ensure that project delivery is not compromised.
- Be a point of contact with customers and with internal stakeholders for each work package.
- Contribute to the weekly project summary report
- Track and report on the man-hours/time allocated and consumed against each work package.