This role is a hybrid position, with an expectation to be in the central Bristol office 2 days per week
£45,000 - £55,000 + Benefits
An international professional services organisation with over 2500 people and 22 offices throughout Europe, the Middle East and Asia
The scope of the projects can range from business improvement projects seeking to change processes and behaviours through to IT infrastructure projects
The role holder will:
- Manage projects to ensure that they are delivered on time, budget and quality.
- Apply methodologies and governance to control project progress, risk costs and quality.
- Support, guide and train junior members of the Project Delivery team to help build their project knowledge and experience.
- Ensure that senior stakeholders are engaged in projects; that key milestone progress updates are regularly provided; and that all aspects of projects follow the governance structure.
- Facilitate and run project board meetings.
- Act as a liaison between the business and technical project team members, offering hands-on project direction, guidance and assistance
- Create and maintain project plans, being accountable for communicating and updating these plans as projects progress
- Monitor project performance against key parameters - including budget and timescales - throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Ensure that issues and risks are flagged and addressed in a timely manner to avoid overruns
- Prepare and obtain approval for all key project documentation
- Organise and attend regular project update meetings, ensuring that action points are recorded and completed
- Facilitate the involvement of required resources from other practice areas as required, liaising and communicating effectively with relevant teams across business areas
- Conduct post-completion analysis of project delivery, capturing and communicating any lessons learnt
- Work with and support the Governance and Consultancy teams within BIC, in line with the department's strategic objectives
- Travel, where essential (and subject to Covid-19 travel guidance), to other offices to facilitate project progress
- Handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols.
The ideal candidate:
- Have extensive experience in implementing and concluding projects / tasks in a commercial environment, preferably in the professional services sector.
- Have proven experience of working with project management methodologies and of working on a number of projects simultaneously
- Be outcome-focused, taking a pragmatic, cost effective approach to dealing with issues
- Have outstanding organisational abilities, maintaining a balance between the bigger picture and the detail
- Have good stakeholder management skills , specifically relating to professional services and non technical stakeholders, with a clear, persuasive communication style and a high level of personal credibility. Have strong listening skills and the ability to build effective, reciprocal relationships at all levels
- Have experience of taking responsibility for driving projects forward, owning the outcome and showing resilience in the face of resistance and setbacks. Be able to demonstrate clear judgement and apply common sense
- Be self-motivated and able to work to a high standard under own initiative
- Have the ability to understand technical complexities and issues and to provide clear direction.
- Have experience of reporting to and working closely with senior business stakeholders and project sponsors
- Have a 'can do' attitude, being outcome focused ensuring that the project delivers to our customers.
- Have the ability to thrive in a changing environment.
"Southern Lights Ltd act as an employment agency for the purposes of this advert"
For more information on the company and a detailed job specification please apply now.
Southern Lights - decidedly different recruitment - 0117 9733 281