QA Engineer, Cardiff, £40,0000 - £45,000 p/a + Benefits
A great opportunity to join a leading software house in Cardiff as a QA Engineer has arisen.
This position would be working for a very successful FinTech organisation who offer a groundbreaking payment solution built on an AWS platform. They have a global reputation for the quality of the software and are looking for a new QA Automation specialist to embark on some exciting new projects this year.
- A complete understanding of lean and agile methods of software delivery and the principles and practices of BDD, ATDD and TDD
- Flexibility in working around logistic and technical blockers
- The ability to work closely with non-technical and technical stakeholders in order to determine accurate acceptance criteria
- Attention to detail
- Written and verbal communication
- Critical thinking, interpretive and analytic abilities
- Team working and workload management skills
- Soft skills e.g the ability to communicate improvements and challenges effectively, being able to say no when necessary, and a strong willingness to improve
- Diagnosing, reporting, tracking and resolving quality issues utilising ticketing systems and
- documentation software - e.g. JIRA and Confluence
- Manual testing, Automated testing, ideally Cucumber/RSpec using Ruby, or Java based tools
- API testing
- AWS deployments and deployment tools - e.g. Jenkins
- Release testing
- Testing, agile or AWS qualification e.g. ISTQB or AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- UI testing
- Performance testing using JMeter or Gatling
But they understand it's not possible to tick every box and are happy to talk around potential.
This is a really good opportunity to join one of the best and fastest-growing tech companies in South Wales. As well as being able to offer a competitive basic salary there is a host of benefits on offer such as remote & flexible working, generous holiday allowance, pension, health, continuous training & development, and an autonomous working environment.
This position is commutable from all areas of Cardiff, Newport, Swansea, Bridgend, and Bristol.