Our fast growing FinTech client in Wiltshire are currently looking for a Software Engineering Manager to join them on a permanent basis. In this hands-off development manager position, you will be working alongside a mid-size team of experienced developers, ensuring quality and efficiency, and maximising performance. You will also be mentoring junior members of the team and supporting their professional growth.
You will be working within an agile engineering squad to provide support to your team in order for them to meet their goals, maintaining quality, maximising performance and minimising technical debt. Along with feature development you will be looking at tooling processes both in development and deployment alongside the DevOps team.
If you are a keen Engineering Manager or a Team Lead looking for career progression who possess the below skills:
- Significant experience of managing high-performing teams of software engineers
- Experience of leading and supporting the career development of engineers through objectives and day to day mentoring
- Highly skilled in assessing technical proposals and taking balanced decisions
- Demonstrable experience of driving improvements in software development practices, technology and techniques.
- Significant commercial experience of
- Java software and system design, particularly microservices and REST
- Defining and implementing software standards, patterns & best practices
- DevOps culture and practices
- TDD & BDD
- OO analysis & design
- Agile and lean practices
Experience of the following would be beneficial:
- AWS services
- Junit, Cucumber
- Software architecture and design patterns
"Southern Lights Ltd act as an employment agency for the purposes of this advert"
For more information on the company and a detailed job specification please apply now.
Southern Lights - decidedly different recruitment - 0117 9733 281