Southern Lights Limited (company number 06872161) is committed to preserving the privacy of all individuals
(clients, candidates and other 3rd parties we come into contact with in relation to our business activities) and to
protecting any personal information provided to us. In particular, we believe it is important for you to know how we
treat information about you that we may receive and how we carry out data processing practices.
Information that we collect from you
The information collected from you may include but is not limited to:
- your name, address, landline or mobile telephone numbers, fax number and e-mail address;
- your date of birth;
- copies of your curriculum vitae, personal statements and other information relating to your job history,
qualifications, salary expectations etc.; on occasions this may also include - sensitive personal information such as details of criminal convictions and ethnic origin.
Except with your permission, we will not sell, trade or rent personal information about you to unaffiliated third
How we use it
We may use the personal information for the purposes of:
- matching your registered details with job vacancies, to assist us to find a suitable position for you;
- contacting you concerning your applications or job seeking requirements generally;
- subscribing you to job alerts emails to which you may unsubscribe at anytime;
- with your prior consent, disclosing your personal information (including sensitive personal information where you have provided it) to our clients in order to assist your job applications or assess your eligibility;
- to let you know about any other Southern Lights products, services, events, promotions, or other
information we believe will be of value to you;
- contacting you for your views on our services and to notify you occasionally about important changes or developments to the Website or our services;
- where necessary, for crime prevention and prosecution of offenders.
Data retention and security of information collected
We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires. In accordance with the UK's
GDPR Data Protection Act 2018, we employ strict physical, electronic, and administrative security measures to
protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss,
destruction and damage both on-line and off-line. All information you provide to us is stored and encrypted on our
You have the right at any time to ask us for a copy of the information supplied by you that we hold under the GDPR
Data Protection Act 2018, and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept
up to date.
Please contact us using the contact information below if you
- wish to correct or update the personal information that you have provided to us;
- choose to opt out of any communications that you may have initially agreed to receive;
We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. We may also refuse your
request in some circumstances and will give you reasons for doing so (e.g. if we hold information about you that we
are required to keep by law for a period of time).
You can update your CV at any time, simply by submitting a new CV to us. Your old CV will automatically be archived
providing you submit both CVs using the same email address or you advise your relevant contact of your new
The information you provide to us will be held on a server and may be accessed by or given to
- our staff, contractors and business partners (such as our web agency and payment processing company).
- trusted third parties (those that we have retained to provide services that you or our clients have requested, such as reference, qualification and criminal reference checking services, psychometric evaluations or skills tests. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as we do;
- third parties who perform services on our behalf or to us (e.g. professional advisors, IT consultants). These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as we do; and government bodies and law enforcement agencies.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to third parties in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Southern Lights Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case
personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
How long will we use your personal information for:
- We will keep your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it
for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
- For permanent role candidates and contractors that we do not place, we will keep your personal
information in our database for 10 years from our last communication with you, unless you tell us
- to consider you for future opportunities, plus up to 12 months for our internal processes to securely
review and delete inactive records, in accordance with our internal Information Security
and Data Protection Policy.
- For all permanents and contractors that we place, we will keep your personal information
in our database for 10 years from the start date of this placement (for financial reporting),
unless you tell us otherwise, to consider you for future opportunities, plus up to 12 months
for our internal processes to securely review and delete inactive records, in accordance
with our internal data retention policy.
- You have the opportunity to upload your CV and/or cover letter on our website. We will
send email reminders to you on a regular basis to prompt you to update this information
when required. You can update this information via our website or by contacting us at
Changes to this policy
By submitting your personal data, you consent to us using your personal information for the purposes described above. We may from time to time also seek your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for other purposes not listed above.
If you do not agree to our processing of your data in the manner outlined in this policy, please contact us and request to be unsubscribed (contact information at the bottom of this policy).
If you have any enquiries or you can contact us:
Southern Lights Ltd
Address: 81 Whiteladies Road, Clifton, Bristol BS8 2N T Tel:
Tel: 0117 973 3281
Copyright © 2018 Southern Lights Limited. All rights reserved